- See the million stars sky of Southern Tasmania
- With a bit of luck, witness the magic of an Aurora Australis
- Join your expert guide for a guidance of the night sky
- Have a look through our telescope and binocular and explore galaxies and planets far away
- Be treated with a hot drink and some sweet treats to keep your self warm in a crispy night
Tour includes: 4 hours privately guided tour, transport in a well-appointed vehicle, hot drinks and use of telescopes and binoculars
STARGAZING TOUR OF HOBART
Be met by your private tour guide at 7.00 pm at your accommodation. Our journey begins with an ascent onto the summit of Mount Wellington/Kunanyi to watch the sunset and enjoy great view over the greater Hobart area and Southern Tasmania. While it gets darker and our eyes have adjusted to the darkness, millions of stars and a great range of constellations will be visible. We spend about 2 hours observing the Tasmanian night sky, where you have the opportunity to look through a telescope and binoculars to explore galaxies and with lots of luck the mighty ‘Aurora Australis’ also known as southern lights. Return to your accommodation before midnight.
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate will be available during the duration of the tour.
This private tour is available any day of the year except all state and local Public Holidays between April and September after dark. Please note, that the tour is subject to availability at time of inquiry/ booking.